Sunday, March 13, 2011

Holy Grail Products....so far....

Holy Grail products are items that you have purchased and re-purchased and just can't seem to live without. Even when you cheat on them with the "new guys", they always embrace you when you come back for more. I always find it interesting to see different people's Holy Grail list...I think you can really come to know a person by the products that they love. It has also helped me in figuring out which Bloggers and Gurus I know I can trust, because we tend to love the same products! Here is my list of loves so far:

Cleanser: BeautiControl Spa Facial Purifying Cleansing Gel 
I just love this cleanser! It does not make my skin feel too tight after use and you only need to use a small amount of product. The other great news is that it is sulfate-free! It also comes in a foaming cleansing lotion for drier skin.

Hydrator: BeautiControl Spa Facial Defend & Restore Moisture Creme 
I have been using the creme in this line instead of the lotion because the winter here this year has been SO awful, my skin is just so terribly dry. I feels thick and creamy but absorbs quickly and does not interfere with foundation application. I recommend the creme for dry winter skin and the lotion for oily skin or summertime skin.

Exfoliator: Soap & Glory - Scrub Your Nose In It
This is actually a scrub and mask in one product! I use this almost every morning in the shower. If my skin needs an extra deep clean, i just leave it on for 2 minutes et voi la !


Lip BalmAquafina Lip Balm
This lip balm is definitely my fav'!  There is original (minty) and the Flavor Splash trio which are a fruity-mint mix. I always have one of these in my purse and find they provide great lip relief for dry cracked lips...it's also the minty taste that sucks me in!

Makeup Remover: MAC Cleanse Off Oil 
I have never used a makeup remover as amazing as this one! It takes absolutely EVERY stitch of makeup off my face no matter what! I use this on my face dry, do a quick rub-a-roo, rinse, and then follow with my gel cleanser. I don't think I can be without this product for as long as I wear makeup!

Concealer: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
While this product is quite pricey, I do think it is actually worth it. It has a wonderful creamy (surprise!) texture, glides on and stays put. I use shade "Warm Ivory" under my eye area. I got the kit that comes with the setting powder. I don't really use the powder, but the concealer itself is a favorite. You need to use such a small amount of this product, it does last quite a long time so that helps justify the cost...to me anyway.

Lip Gloss: Rimmel Vinyl Gloss - Eastend Snob
This gloss is a pale pinky shimmer but with a nude undertone. You can put it over almost anything and wear it by itself for a very pretty lip as well. I have bought MANY of these but when I went to find it on the Rimmel website, the shade is no longer an option...ARGH...it may be discontinued!

Brow Pencil: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil - Blond
I keep going back to this pencil as I find it very affordable, easy to use, and most importantly, a very good colour for my hair and skin tone. I think it lasts all day and doesn't really fade or move with normal wear.

Eye Shadow Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
If you have never heard of this product before, trust me: Buy it, Use it, LOVE IT!!!


Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous 
If there is one product that I can not live without, it's mascara. Mascara was the very first makeup item that I was allowed to start using as a young teen. Being blond as well, my mom understood the importance of eye lashes! I have tried A LOT of different mascaras over the years but this one, more than any other cosmetic product, is my Holy Grail. I LOVE L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara. It does what it says, it stays where it should and the brush is easy to maneuver. I embraced Carbon Black when it came out and love it too. 
Recently, I bought and tried the Voluminous Millions version. It has the funky wand, and took about 1.5 weeks to "break in". I didn't think I liked it as much as the original, but after going back to use the original, I think I have decided that the Millions is my new fav'! If you want volume, lot's of volume, I highly recommend either of these mascaras. (I have tried the Collagen version and did not care for it at all)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment