Sunday, April 10, 2011

L'Oreal Infallible Long Wear Lipstick - Review

This collection of L'Oreal lipstick is new in drugstores. So new in fact that none of the 3 stores I went to had any testers! I ended up choosing # 112 "Never Ending Kiss".

Let's start by talking about the colour. It is a really pretty natural mid-tone pink. On me its pretty much a "my lips but better" shade. It's something I can wear with just about anything and look polished. In the two swatch pics' below, it is the colour in the middle. I swatched three colours to show you that I think that if MAC Blankety and MAC Angel had a lipstick baby (wha'?) that this shade would be their offspring!

(Blankety/Never Ending Kiss/Angel)

Now I want to talk about the texture. This applies so smooth and silky. It glides on and feels amazing throughout application. However, after about 15 mins this gets VERY tacky and sticky on the lips. It can't help it I guess...it is a long wear lipstick. I do not like how this feels after the first 15 minutes of wear. They have not yet conquered the "I must have just sucked on a glue stick" feeling. Don't worry too much though...there is a silver lining!

After that 15 minutes, put any other lipstick (Angel is gorgeous with it) or gloss on top and voila! You have a long wearing lip combo that does last for at least half a day.
I will definitely wear and try ti use up this lipstick as I really do like the colour and luckily have figured out how to make it a comfortable wear by adding another product to it, but I don't think I will repurchase another one of these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment